02 Sep Raw Coconut Yogurt
Ditch dairy and sugary store-bought yogurts for this homemade vegan coconut yogurt recipe shared with me by my dear friend Victoria Dodge, vegan chef, author, and founder of the popular blog Nourishment Now. Dairy is a common food sensitivity and can produce an inflammatory response in the body. Dairy intolerance can lead to congestion and phlegm; digestive issues like bloating; headaches; and even skin reactions like acne. This coconut yogurt is raw and dairy free, and includes gut-friendly probiotics, and healthy fats for a delicious, gut-healing treat!
- 2 cups coconut meat (about 2 large coconuts)
- ½ cup coconut water (from the same coconut)
- 1 TBS. maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla bean powder (optional)
- 1 capsule or 1/4 tsp. probiotic powder
- Open 2 young Thai coconuts. (See tutorial of how to open a coconut here).
- Place coconut meat and coconut water in a blender and process until smooth. Pour the mixture into a bowl and add probiotic powder. Stir with a wooden spoon. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and leave out on your counter overnight.
- In the morning you will have your finished product! You can add fresh mango and strawberries or berries and granola. The toppings are endless. Place in refrigerator. It will keep for about one week. (If it lasts that long!)